Certificates & Minors


General Info


A Minor is an opportunity for you to explore a secondary area of undergraduate study either for personal interest beyond your degree program, or as an area of specific expertise related to your degree program that will serve the your career choice.

A minor consists of six single-term courses with a coherence based on discipline, theme and method. Some Minors may be excluded for your program. You declare your Minor when you apply to graduate.

The RAMSS Support website provides detailed instructions on How to declare Your Minor.


If you want to complete a certificate program, you should register in the certificate when you begin the program; in all cases, you must register before you complete 50% of the certificate program’s requirements. Students who register in a certificate are entitled to priority enrolment for courses in the certificate.



The residency requirement for graduation states that you must complete at least 50% of the courses used to meet certificate requirements through continuing education offerings of courses (e.g., CINT 901, not INT 901). At least 50% of the courses must be taken in addition to your degree studies. See also: Graduating with a Certificate.

Some certificates are not available to students registered in certain degree programs. The Curriculum Advising website lists the certificates and their restrictions.

For more information consult the Chang School's How to Register in a Certificate Program.